Once is an Accident, Twice a Coincidence, the Third Time it's ON PURPOSE.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

"BAD" OBAMA




AT A HIGH-SPIRITED RALLY IN PHILADELPHIA last Sunday, President Barack Obama challenged the mostly black crowd to defy political pundits who purvey their conventional wisdom:
They think, 'Oh, well, Obama's name is not on the ballot, maybe they're [African-Americans] not going to turn out.' You've got to prove them wrong.
Delivering the mostly identical speech at historically black Bowie State University in Maryland a few days earlier, the president got downright personal:
Don't make me look bad, now! I need you! 
Apart from the fact that Obama has a propensity for talking down to African-American voters, insinuating that blacks don't follow politics and would have little interest in turning out to vote unless his name were on the ballot, I found myself particularly taken by his predictably egocentric words -- "Don't make me look bad, now". As if the upcoming November mid-term elections were solely about "him". 


Obama is, however, correct that the mid-terms will, in part, be a referendum on his sweeping, unpopular Progressive agenda that seeks to "fundamentally transform America". And he is also correct not to anticipate the same enthusiasm nor voter turnout he enjoyed in 2008.


Obama's whole "Hopey-Changey" hysteria has worn off, like a bad hangover, and now America -- including African-Americans -- have had to come to grips with the far-reaching, massive debt-inducing malaise of his policies, ushered in by his willing abettors in Congress, and their ill-effects on the economy and on the wallets of future generations.


It did get me thinking, though. I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if Obama were made to look bad in the wake of a landslide defeat of his party's candidates come November.


I wonder, just what would a "bad" Obama look like? I wonder...



Yew! 

On second thought, I think I like the image of the forever-golfing, shrimp-buying-elitist Obama much better.

"Hey, I'm trying to buy shrimp here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment